|Location:||St. Paul, MN|
|Benefits:||Competitive Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Bay West, Inc. seeks a GIS Technician to join its St. Paul, MN office.|
Bay West is a recognized leader in environmental, industrial, and emergency solutions nationwide. Now in our 39th year of service, Bay West continues to be a “Best Place to Work.” Our unique mix of consulting, engineering, emergency response, waste management, and contracting services offers challenging, exciting projects, and our casual, fun environment and culture of integrity make Bay West a great place to work.
In exchange for your high performance and team participation, Bay West offers long-term growth potential, competitive salary and benefits package, and bonus potential in a business casual environment.
• Develops maps, diagrams, figures, and shapefiles in support of field work, project plans, and project reporting using data from a variety of sources.
• Works with project managers and field staff to interpret aerial imagery, engineering schematics, GPS data, notes, sketches, technical guides, and vendor information.
• Performs GIS project management, database creation/maintenance, and metadata documentation.
• Supports field staff by managing an inventory of GPS units, troubleshooting GPS issues, and preparing and post-processing GPS data.
• B.S. or B.A. degree in GIS, Environmental Science, or related field; or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of and experience with Esri’s ArcGIS 10.X Suite.
• Ability to read and understand maps, schematic drawings, diagrams, and instruction manuals.
• Knowledge of coordinate geometry and GPS data collection.
• Significant familiarity with cartographic methods and map projections.
• Flexible working style, self-initiative, self-motivation and a willingness to work with teams to meet clients’ needs and project schedules.
• Conscientiousness concerning the accuracy, appropriateness, and timeliness of results.
• Strong professional, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
• M.S. degree in GIS or equivalent experience.
• Two years relevant experience with Esri’s ArcGIS software.
• Strong working knowledge and experience with various ArcGIS extensions (3D Analyst, Spatial Analyst, etc.).
• Experience working with ArcGIS for Server and publishing map services.
• Functional knowledge of AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 and Trimble Pathfinder Office software.
• Experience working with and maintaining geodatabases, including ArcSDE.
• GIS scripting/programming skills (VB.net, VBA, HTML, Java, Python, etc.).
• Familiarity working with Trimble’s GeoXH sub-meter GPS units and TerraSync software.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.