Project Administrative Assistant
|Location:||St. Paul, MN|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Are you detail orientated? Do you possess strong verbal and written communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team? If so, join our environmental services team as a Project Administrative Assistant! The chosen candidate will work directly with project managers and professionals to implement/improve project-related administrative tasks, prepare/coordinate technical documents, and draft project updates in various digital and hard copy formats.|
Bay West is a recognized leader delivering Environmental, Industrial and Emergency Solutions nationwide. Now in our 38th year of service, Bay West strives to become a “Best Place to Work.” Check out our Bay West “Way of Being” www.baywest.com to help understand our culture. Our unique mix of consulting, engineering, emergency response, waste management and contracting services offers challenging, exciting work and our casual, fun environment makes Bay West a great place to work.
1. Creates and revises administrative systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, and recordkeeping systems.
2. Implement innovative solutions to administrative procedures for streamlining the project-related administrative duties and the document tracking processes.
3. Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of project reports and identifying solutions.
4. Evaluating new equipment, software, and techniques related to administrative functions and project meeting technologies.
5. Provides information by answering questions and requests.
6. Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning project administrative tasks; expediting work results.
7. Assists in tracking project tasks and schedules.
8. Attending necessary meetings and conference calls; completes and distributes meeting minutes for various meetings (both in-person and via conference call).
9. Planning and scheduling meetings.
10. Regular interaction with all the staff members including project management and technical staff.
11. Coordination of document production and quality control with external project teaming partners.
12. Finding best solutions to overcome any hurdles for the project.
13. Edit, proofread, format, and produce environmental documents and material for client deliverables such as letters, proposals, work plans, reports, manuals, project updates, and presentations. Size and scope of documents range from one-page letters to 100-plus-page reports with multiple pieces including figures, tables, appendices, and CDs.
14. Work closely with a project manager to identify and manage the project’s production schedule and work load.
15. Read content from original copy and proof projects to detect and mark any grammatical, typographical or compositional errors.
16. Check dimensions, spacing and layout position for accuracy.
17. Compile pdf files; produce, assemble, package, and ship client deliverables.
18. Full-time, approximately 32 – 40 hours per week. Pay rate $20 - $22/hr.
19. Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
1. Two-year Associate’s degree in a relevant field.
2. Minimum three years of large document editing experience.
3. Excellent knowledge of the English language including grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal.
5. Experience working in small groups and teams.
6. Experience managing multiple tasks on deadline while providing excellent customer service.
7. Exemplary knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software products and Adobe Acrobat X Pro.
8. Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
9. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
10. Superb problem-solving, time-management, and organizational skills.
11. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
12. Willingness to champion changes and improvements.
1. Previous experience working in a science-related industry.
2. Microsoft Project
3. Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications or a related field or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.