Associate Engineer (Entry-Level)
|Location:||St. Paul, MN|
|Benefits:||Competitive Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Bay West, Inc. provides environmental investigation, design, engineering, remediation, waste management, emergency spill response, and high hazard industrial cleaning services to industry and government. In exchange for your high performance and team participation, Bay West offers long term growth potential, competitive salary and benefits package, and bonus potential in a business casual environment.|
|Duties:||The Associate Engineer will provide engineering support to project managers on Environmental Investigation and Remediation projects for Bay Westís various Federal, State, and Private sector clients. Types of projects where assistance may be required include sites contaminated with PCP, PCBs, chlorinated solvents, metals, petroleum hydrocarbons, and residual munitions constituents. Remedies implemented by Bay West include in situ biostimulation, in situ chemical oxidation, soil vapor extraction, air sparging, multi-phase recovery, excavation, and ground water extraction/treatment.|
1. System design and maintenance
2. Data collection
3. Procurement, contracting, and oversight of subcontractors
4. Assist with design and pricing of engineering services proposals
5. Preparation/review of project plans, bid documents, and progress reports
6. 30 to 50% of the Associate Engineerís time will be spent managing the operation and maintenance of a local ground water remediation system operated for the U.S. Navy. Responsibilities will include daily on-site inspection of system operation, routine record keeping and assimilation of data, system maintenance and report preparation. The Associate Engineer will be part of a rotating weekend shift (one weekend out of five) responsible for remotely checking the system (less than 30 minutes per day via laptop) to record system data. The site contract requires 24/7/365 system operation and daily recording of process information.
1. Bachelorís degree in Engineering with an emphasis in environmental
2. Mechanical aptitude
3. Strong report writing skills
4. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access, and other computing programs
1. 0-3 years of experience with environmental consulting/contracting
2. Ability to accurately interpret and apply knowledge of environmental theories, processes, and regulations
3. 40-hour OSHA Hazwoper Certification
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE NOT PROVIDED
Bay West, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.