Production Quality Control Editor
|Location:||St. Paul, MN|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Are you detail orientated? Do you possess strong verbal and written communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team? If so, join our environmental services team as a Production Quality Control Editor! Our editors work directly with project managers and professionals to prepare technical documents and correspondences which are delivered in digital and hard copy formats.|
Bay West is a recognized leader delivering Environmental, Industrial and Emergency Solutions nationwide. Now in our 38th year of service, Bay West strives to become a “Best Place to Work.” Check out our Bay West “Way of Being” www.baywest.com to help understand our culture. Our unique mix of consulting, engineering, emergency response, waste management and contracting services offers challenging, exciting work and our casual, fun environment makes Bay West a great place to work.
1. Edit, proofread, format, and produce environmental documents and material for client deliverables such as letters, proposals, work plans, reports, manuals, and instruction books. Size and scope of projects range from one-page letters to 100-plus-page reports with multiple pieces including figures, tables, appendices, and CDs.
2. Work closely with project managers to identify and manage the production schedule and work load.
3. Read content from original copy and proof projects to detect and mark any grammatical, typographical or compositional errors.
4. Check dimensions, spacing and layout position for accuracy.
5. Create solutions and efficiencies to facilitate production work flow.
6. Compile pdf files; produce, assemble, package, and ship client deliverables.
7. Assist with receptionist duties as necessary. These duties include but are not limited to answering phone calls, greeting guests, making travel arrangements, data entry, and general office assistance to Bay West employees.
8. Full-time, approximately 32 – 40 hours per week.
9. Actively seek out best practices to promote efficiency in day-to-day operations.
10. Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
1. Two-year Associate’s degree in a relevant field.
2. Minimum five years of large document editing experience.
3. Excellent knowledge of the English language including grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal.
5. Experience managing multiple projects on deadline while providing excellent customer service.
6. Exemplary knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software products and Adobe Acrobat X Pro.
7. Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
8. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
9. Pleasant phone demeanor.
10. Superb problem-solving, time-management, and organizational skills.
11. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
12. Willingness to champion changes and improvements.
1. Previous experience working in a science-related industry.
2. Experience with the Adobe Illustrator and InDesign software.
3. Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications or a related field or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.