|Location:||St. Paul, MN|
|Salary Range:||$30,000 - $45,000|
|Benefits:||Competitive Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Do you love working outside? Do you enjoy the adventure of traveling around the country? Do you want to work for a growing privately owned firm who has become a “best place to work”? If so, join our environmental services team as a Field Geologist! Bay West provides a great compensation package and working environment.
Bay West is seeking an Entry-Level Geologist who has a passion to join its St. Paul office to work on projects related to the evaluation and remediation of contaminated sites. Assignments will include working as an individual and as part of a project team to assist with any of the following tasks:
In exchange for your high performance and team participation, Bay West offers long term growth potential, competitive salary and benefits package, and bonus potential in a business casual environment. The salary will be based on individual qualifications and experience, but can average between $30,000 to $45,000.
1. Provide technical and geological field support on various environmental site assessments; onsite investigations of contaminated soil, sediment and groundwater; construction observation; and preparation of drilling logs, geologic maps, cross-sections and technical reports.
2. Observe drilling and monitoring well installation, classifying soil and bedrock samples, and collect samples for field screening and laboratory analysis.
3. Accurately prepare soil boring logs, hydrographs, groundwater contour maps, field notes, sketches and other documentation of actions undertaken during site investigation and remediation projects.
4. Approximately 40 – 60 hours per week.
5. Moderate out-of-town travel within Minnesota and United States, approximately 30-50 percent of job time. Higher amounts of travel are available to those interested.
6. When not traveling, be available once every five weeks to assist in Emergency Response (ER) clean-up activities for hazardous and non-hazardous material, loading, unloading, and decontaminating ER equipment in an efficient and accurate manner.
1. Four-year B.A. or B.S. degree in Geology.
2. Possess proficient personal computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet applications.
3. Ability to work independently and champion changes and improvements.
4. Willingness to travel and periodically adjust personal schedules to meet project needs.
5. Strong technical and problem solving skills, excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
6. Valid drivers license and acceptable driving record.
7. Possess or have access to reliable means of transportation on a 24 hour basis.
• 40 Hour HAZWOPER certification.
• 2-5 years of experience related to environmental work.
• Experience with gINT boring log software.
• Construction Quality Management (CQM) Training.
• Thorough understanding of current groundwater and soil sampling regulations and methods.
NOTE: Applicants must be able to work in locations that feature rough terrain typical of construction sites, remote locations, or industrial facilities. Some projects will be on waste disposal sites and sites requiring cleanup of hazardous materials. Participation in an OSHA mandated medical surveillance program is required and safety training will be provided before being assigned to work on these sites.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.